Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Peaches and Cream Pie



After weeding a flower garden for two hours (I am slow at this task) on a perfectly beautiful morning, I decided to stop a j.scones and splurge on the purchase a treat for myself. While ‘scones’ is a part of what they do, it is a small part of their offerings. The have a changing menu of sweets. The day I walked in to get my treat was the day they had a peaches and cream pie.  It has been over 20 years since my last peaches and cream pie. Soon it was in a brown box tied with a green and cream raffia bow and being carried out of the bakery and on its ways home.
It was every bit as good as I thought it would be. A flakey crust, fabulous peaches (where did she get them so late in the season?), and the right amount of cinnamon. I fell in love with each bite and never took a photo of this pie. (In my defense, the pie was only a 4 or 5 inch pie and only enough two pieces.)

But here is the photo of the chocolate cake I forgot to upload last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I hope you enjoy the blog.